What personal information is collected through MJSPC’s website and how is it used?
If you fill out the “contact” form on MJSPC’s website, you will be asked to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). MJSPC only requires that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through MJSPC’s site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information ( e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and MJSPC will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to MJSPC through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that MJSPC may respond to your inquiry. MJSPC may also use information you provide to it to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out ( unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs
When you visit MJSPC’s website, the website may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on MJSPC’s sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of information that may be collected include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access the MJSPC website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to the MJSPC site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/ queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information MJSPC collects in web server logs helps it administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
MJSPC may use services hosted by third parties, including Adobe Site Catalyst, to assist in providing services to you and to help MJSPC understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
California Do Not Track
MJSPC’s web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, we track user activity using web server logs, cookies, and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps MJSPC analyze website usage and improve the user’s experience. Cookies allow MJSPC to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, MJSPC cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
MJSPC will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and it will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with MJSPC;
- if MJSPC is unable to assist with your matter, but knows an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, it may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of MJSPC’s business assets (for example, if MJSPC is acquired by another firm or if MJSPC is liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if MJSPC believes in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect its rights or property.
How can I correct, amend, or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from MJSPC at any time. Contact MJSPC via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data MJSPC has about you;
- ask MJSPC to delete any data it has about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from MJSPC.
Effective January 11, 2022
Your privacy is important to MJSPC. MJSPC does not sell your information to any third party. MJSPC uses the information you give us on this site only for our communications with you, to provide services you have requested, and to improve MJSPC’s services to you and all our customers.
Please also note: